Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pa...@csiro.au on 2006/05/11 06:22:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache2.2.2 - appropriate APR libraries

I'm trying to source the appropriate APR libraries for the binary build
of the Apache 2.2.2 installation...

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/new_features_2_2.html#module indicates
that Apache 2.2 uses the APR 1.0 API - so will the current releases:
APR 1.2.7 (APR 1.2.7, APR-util 1.2.7 and APR iconv 1.1.1) build
correctly with this release? Or should I be locating these libraries
either in the Apache install (on the windows machine) or from somewhere
else?

Re: [users@httpd] ASPDotNet

Posted by Bill Jones <te...@gmail.com>.
On 5/15/06, Vic Feria <da...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Yes, I have seen Mod_mono. I was not successful in making it work. I did
> however loaded the aspmodule from the Apache web site and that works
> beautifully. I just do not know its capability and how it compares with
> Microsoft's IIS6.

Unknown, I have not fully used it myself.

But I would hazard that correct and secure native IIS6 code would be
better for IIS-centric applications; but I picked Apache for the
security parts =)
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/

RE: [users@httpd] ASPDotNet

Posted by Bill Jones <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2.2.2 - appropriate APR libraries

Posted by Bill Jones <te...@gmail.com>.
On 5/14/06, ro so <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have no clue, it just asks me for the manually installed APR if I do not
> provide the paths. Can we force it to built with the bundled APR?

I would clean out your httpd build directory and get a fresh tarball
and start over then.

Posted by ro so <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Jones <te...@gmail.com>.
On 5/14/06, ro so <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I made a mistake and installed the APR and APR-util separately and now the
> server gives me a Segmentation Fault when enabling the PHP module. See Bug
> Report below.

Um, do you mean buildconf (in the default tarball for 2.2.2) doesnt
build the sane configure environment?

--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/

Re: [users@httpd] ASPDotNet

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Vic Feria wrote:
> I do not understand MONO. Is this parallel to your effort? I do like the
> simplicity of your module (e.g. straight forward implementation into
> Apache). I know a lot of users will be heart-broken if you cease the effort.

It's not a 'choice' - either enough developers participate or they don't,
so it's a binary decision predicated on contributions.

> I wish I have enough expertise to contribute.

I do, and do.  I'm not suggesting you need to.  The recent activity hasn't
been ment to scare users that it will disappear, but point out to developers
that -do- have the expertise and use mod_aspdotnet that their assistance is
needed for the module to be retained under the httpd project umbrella.

Bill

RE: [users@httpd] ASPDotNet

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

RE: [users@httpd] ASPDotNet

Posted by Vic Feria <da...@comcast.net>.
Anything new in the development of mod_aspdotnet?

Posted by Vic Feria <da...@comcast.net>.
This must be an old post from dnzone.com
http://www.dnzone.com/showDetail.asp?TypeId=1&NewsId=69

Re: [users@httpd] ASPDotNet

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

[users@httpd] ASPDotNet

Posted by Vic Feria <da...@comcast.net>.
About a week ago I read somewhere that Microsoft is posing to support
Apache in its DotNet endeavor. I would like to verify if there is any
truth to this. Does anyone know?

POGEE  Systems and Technologies
Home of Affordable Solutions
http://www.pogee.com <http://www.pogee.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain
confidential information, which is privileged and protected from
disclosure by Federal and State confidentiality laws, rules or
regulations.  This email and attachments, if any, are intended for the
designated addressee only.
If you are not the designated addressee, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this email and its
attachments, if any, may be unlawful and may subject you to legal
consequences.  If you have received this email and attachments in error,
please contact POGEE Technologies, Inc., immediately at (708) 267-7635
and delete the email and its attachments from your computer.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2.2.2 - appropriate APR libraries

Posted by ro so <ap...@gmail.com>.

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=39515

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2.2.2 - appropriate APR libraries

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Forget my previous comments, I was having flashbacks to 0.9 apr.

 >> that Apache 2.2 uses the APR 1.0 API - so will the current releases:
 >> APR 1.2.7 (APR 1.2.7, APR-util 1.2.7 and APR iconv 1.1.1) build
 >> correctly with this release? Or should I be locating these libraries

Yes.

They also happen to be bundled in 2.2.2 httpd sources, so you really shouldn't
have to go out and grab them seperately.  They will build in-tree when you do
a win32 httpd binary build.

apr-iconv remains at 1.1.1 for the moment, also bundled in the -win32-src.zip
package of httpd-2.2.2

Yours,

Bill

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
It shouldn't be saying 1.2.7 - the 1.2.12 releases are out.  Our bad.

Bill