Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Mehant Baid <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/19 07:50:45 UTC

Mahout 0.8 compilation issue on hadoop 1.0.3

I was trying to compile Mahout-0.8 on Hadoop version 1.0.3. In
DummyStatusReporter.java the @override directive is added for the method
getProgress(). The getProgress() method does not exist in its base class
(StatusReporter.java) in hadoop versions 1.0.3, 1.0.4 and is only
included in 1.1.1 onwards and hence I am getting a compilation error.

Are these Hadoop versions not supported on Mahout-0.8 or should I open a
JIRA for this issue.

Thanks
Mehant

Bls: Introduce

Posted by ir...@ymail.com.
Thankyou Sir...

I respectfully

________________________________

Re: Introduce

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
That link works for me.

Here is an attached copy.  The attachment will probably be stripped by the
email software, but I have included Irfan's direct address as well.

Re: Bls: Introduce

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
Apache jira i going thru maintenance right now and is down. Try a bit later
after they are done.
On Oct 2, 2013 7:06 AM, <ir...@ymail.com> wrote:

> where i can get this link,,.cause this URL error
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12515961/SSVD-PCA%20options.pdf
>
> ________________________________
>  Dari: Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>
> Kepada: "dev@mahout.apache.org" <de...@mahout.apache.org>;
> irfan_abbas2@ymail.com
> Dikirim: Selasa, 24 September 2013 8:56
> Judul: Re: Introduce
>

> Sorry this is too cryptic for me. Look at [1]; [2] sec 1.2. For details,
> you may also refer to [4] and to [3] for some history. For non-parallel
> prototype in R, see R code attached on [1]. You may need also to understand
> simple SSVD flow in order to understand details of [4]; for which you may
> want to study N. Halko's dissertation referenced at [1], which is a long
> thing, but you need pages related to SSVD approach in Mahout.
>
> [1]
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Stochastic+Singular+Value+Decomposition
> [2]
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27832158/SSVD-CLI.pdf?version=17&modificationDate=1349984685000
> [3] MAHOUT-817
> [4]
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12515961/SSVD-PCA%20options.pdf
>

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM, <ir...@ymail.com> wrote:
>
> > Mr. Dmitriy Lyubimov,. Again I plan to process the results of left
> > eigenvectors U = AVS ^ (-1) to the PCA algorithm, in order to better
> value
> > its variants
> >

> > integrate  (SVD) A= USV^(t) to  (PCA) X= U^T
> >

> > According to  mr. Dmitriy Lyubimov, .. whether in existing mahout who
> made
> > ...?...beg an explanation...
> >
> > I respectfully

Bls: Introduce

Posted by ir...@ymail.com.

 Dari: Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>
Kepada: "dev@mahout.apache.org" <de...@mahout.apache.org>; irfan_abbas2@ymail.com
Dikirim: Selasa, 24 September 2013 8:56
Judul: Re: Introduce

Sorry this is too cryptic for me. Look at [1]; [2] sec 1.2. For details,
you may also refer to [4] and to [3] for some history. For non-parallel
prototype in R, see R code attached on [1]. You may need also to understand
simple SSVD flow in order to understand details of [4]; for which you may
want to study N. Halko's dissertation referenced at [1], which is a long
thing, but you need pages related to SSVD approach in Mahout.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Stochastic+Singular+Value+Decomposition
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27832158/SSVD-CLI.pdf?version=17&modificationDate=1349984685000
[3] MAHOUT-817
[4]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12515961/SSVD-PCA%20options.pdf

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM, <ir...@ymail.com> wrote:

> Mr. Dmitriy Lyubimov,. Again I plan to process the results of left
> eigenvectors U = AVS ^ (-1) to the PCA algorithm, in order to better value
> its variants
>

> integrate  (SVD) A= USV^(t) to  (PCA) X= U^T
>

> According to  mr. Dmitriy Lyubimov, .. whether in existing mahout who made
> ...?...beg an explanation...
>
> I respectfully

Bls: Introduce

Posted by ir...@ymail.com.
Thank you Prof,...

________________________________
 Dari: Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>
Kepada: "dev@mahout.apache.org" <de...@mahout.apache.org>; irfan_abbas2@ymail.com
Dikirim: Selasa, 24 September 2013 9:56

Re: Introduce

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
Sorry this is too cryptic for me. Look at [1]; [2] sec 1.2. For details,
you may also refer to [4] and to [3] for some history. For non-parallel
prototype in R, see R code attached on [1]. You may need also to understand
simple SSVD flow in order to understand details of [4]; for which you may
want to study N. Halko's dissertation referenced at [1], which is a long
thing, but you need pages related to SSVD approach in Mahout.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Stochastic+Singular+Value+Decomposition
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27832158/SSVD-CLI.pdf?version=17&modificationDate=1349984685000
[3] MAHOUT-817
[4]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12515961/SSVD-PCA%20options.pdf

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM, <ir...@ymail.com> wrote:

> Mr. Dmitriy Lyubimov,. Again I plan to process the results of left
> eigenvectors U = AVS ^ (-1) to the PCA algorithm, in order to better value
> its variants
>

> integrate  (SVD) A= USV^(t) to  (PCA) X= U^T
>

> According to  mr. Dmitriy Lyubimov, .. whether in existing mahout who made
> ...?...beg an explanation...
>
> I respectfully

Bls: Introduce

Posted by ir...@ymail.com.

Re: Introduce

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
yes, stochastic SVD integrates PCA workflow with benefits for less
than dense inputs.

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM,  <ir...@ymail.com> wrote:
> My question,.......
> Is there an algorithm that integrates the SVD and PCA in mahout
>

> Yours sincerely
>
> Irfan Abbas
>
> Irfanimovic Abbasevic
> https://www.facebook.com/irfan.abbas22
>

> ________________________________
>  Dari: Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>
> Kepada: "dev@mahout.apache.org" <de...@mahout.apache.org>
> Dikirim: Minggu, 22 September 2013 1:59
> Judul: Re: Introduce
>

> What is your question?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 21, 2013, at 8:42, irfan_abbas2@ymail.com wrote:
>

>> Dear,..
>>
>> First of all allow me to introduce myself
>>
>> My name: Irfan abbas
>> Education: master of  computer from Dian University Nuswantoro Semarang (Central Java)
>> Country of origin: Indonesia
>>
>> Today I was researching about BIG DATA by Title
>>
>> "PRELIMINARY DESIGN MODEL DATA PROCESSING WITH ALGORITHM integrate DIMENSIONAL REDUCTION USING SINGULAR VALUE DECOMPOSITION (SVD) ALGORITHM AND PRINCIPAL COMPONENT ANALYSIS (PCA) MAHAOUT ON APACHE BIG DATA PROCESSING FOR MEDICAL RECORD"
>>
>> I hope that in this forum I could ask a lot about my research design
>>
>> thank you
>>
>> Yours sincerely
>>
>> Irfan Abbas
>> Google Terjemahan untuk Bisnis:Perangkat PenerjemahPenerjemah Situs WebPeluang Pasar Global

Bls: Introduce

Posted by ir...@ymail.com.

 Dari: Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>

Re: Introduce

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
What is your question?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 21, 2013, at 8:42, irfan_abbas2@ymail.com wrote:

> Dear,..
>
> First of all allow me to introduce myself
>
> My name: Irfan abbas
> Education: master of  computer from Dian University Nuswantoro Semarang (Central Java)
> Country of origin: Indonesia
>
> Today I was researching about BIG DATA by Title
>
> "PRELIMINARY DESIGN MODEL DATA PROCESSING WITH ALGORITHM integrate DIMENSIONAL REDUCTION USING SINGULAR VALUE DECOMPOSITION (SVD) ALGORITHM AND PRINCIPAL COMPONENT ANALYSIS (PCA) MAHAOUT ON APACHE BIG DATA PROCESSING FOR MEDICAL RECORD"
>
> I hope that in this forum I could ask a lot about my research design
>
> thank you
>
> Yours sincerely
>
> Irfan Abbas
> Google Terjemahan untuk Bisnis:Perangkat PenerjemahPenerjemah Situs WebPeluang Pasar Global

Introduce

Posted by ir...@ymail.com.

Re: Mahout 0.8 compilation issue on hadoop 1.0.3

Posted by mehant baid <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hey Sean,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I had already removed the @override directive and it compiled
successfully. I was wondering if I should open a JIRA for this or like you
said since the project uses stable Hadoop 1.2.1 it is the duty of the
developers using older versions to figure out some of these minor details?

Thanks
Mehant

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.