Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Graham Dumpleton <gr...@dscpl.com.au> on 2005/12/30 21:40:02 UTC

mod_python.publisher, HEAD and 3.2.

In a hurry, so a quick note. In 3.2, mod_python.publisher was changed
to read:

         if req.method!='HEAD':

             # TODO : the problem is that a handler can still use
req.write
             # and break the assumption that nothing should be written
with the
             # HEAD method.
             req.write(result)

I think before I said that not writing output for HEAD case was
probably not
the best idea if Apache was truncated output later anyway. Now have a
good
reason why mod_python.publisher shouldn't do this and why it should
always
write output.

The reason is that output filters are run even if HEAD is used. This
means
that if an output filter was being used which was doing something
special
which required the full output, maybe a caching system, it isn't going
see the full output because mod_python.publisher is restricting output
for
HEAD.

Haven't been able to check JIRA as access to it unreliable at the moment
for me, so can't see what comments I made about this before or add to
them.

Graham