Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jobish P <jo...@ncsi.iisc.ernet.in> on 2005/05/18 06:33:11 UTC

Tomcat on XP

Hi,

I am not getting the tomcat home page while trying to run tomcat in
Windows XP. I had set the JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME path variables.
And stopped other servers(IIS ans apche) running in the system.
But I couldn't see anything by typing http://localhost:8080. The
utilitie's that I used are tomcat 5.5.9.exe and j2sdk1.4.2_07.

It will be of great help if any of you could help in this
regard.

cheers,

-Jobish P

Re: Tomcat on XP

Posted by Anto Paul <an...@gmail.com>.
On 5/18/05, Jobish P <jo...@ncsi.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not getting the tomcat home page while trying to run tomcat in
> Windows XP. I had set the JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME path variables.
> And stopped other servers(IIS ans apche) running in the system.
> But I couldn't see anything by typing http://localhost:8080. The
> utilitie's that I used are tomcat 5.5.9.exe and j2sdk1.4.2_07.
>
> It will be of great help if any of you could help in this
> regard.
>
> cheers,
>
> -Jobish P

You should check the log files. The logs is in the CATALINA_HOME\logs
directory. If you run it using startup.bat errors will be displayed in
the console. Post the error messages then somebody can help you.

--
rgds
Anto Paul