Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/31 17:35:33 UTC

Some examples on how a VOTE for release looks like

Hi
   On today's tech interchange Vincent presented the automation of cutting
a release so we can start the train of OpenWhisk releases.

Since we are not graduated we need 2 VOTES cycles, one done in the
OpenWhisk dev list [1] and the other one is in the Incubator general list
[2]

You can join the Incubator mailing list or use the mail archive service to
see the threads on votes for releases and get a feeling what are the things
that come up that will block a vote like the usage of the RAT tool.

Here is convenient way to search the mailing list
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?general@incubator.apache.org:lte=6M:VOTE

You will see how the Incubator PMC will provide feedback and what are the
type of things they evaluate when casting their vote.

Vincent can you upload you presentation to the wiki [3] ?

[1] dev@openwhisk.apache.org
[2] general@incubator.apache.org
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENWHISK/Presentations

-- Carlos

Re: Some examples on how a VOTE for release looks like

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sergio and Bertrand for the links,

There are multiple places with bits of release information, and sometimes
duplicate info.

The one Sergio shared takes to one that I think is good overview table with
multiple links
http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases

Our intention is to follow the process down to the T

And we are working on having automation help avoid mistakes when dealing
with large amount of files and components.

-- Carlos

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Guys, your mentors are here to support you on those things ;-)

The process is well described at
https://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html But let me know
if you have any specific questions.

The first incubating release is normally the most difficult one. I guess
the nature of OpenWhisk will make it even harder. So don't get frustrated
if you go through several release candidates.

Cheers,