Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/01 16:46:23 UTC

Replication fails, what causes this error?

I've set up a 1.6.0 instance on openshift using using
https://github.com/marianoguerra/couchdb-for-openshift. Replication fails
with the error below. I'm not too familiar with CouchDB but it looks like a
permission issue. It's possible the instance is somehow corrupted but it
passes installation verification and replicating local databases work. Can
anybody help?

[Mon, 01 Dec 2014 07:15:15 GMT] [info] [<0.261.0>] Retrying HEAD request to
http://get.acralyzer.com/distrib-acra-storage/ in 128.0 seconds due to
error {conn_failed,{error,eacces}}
[Mon, 01 Dec 2014 07:17:23 GMT] [error] [<0.261.0>] Replicator, request
HEAD to "http://get.acralyzer.com/distrib-acra-storage/" failed due to
error {error,{conn_failed,{error,eacces}}}
[Mon, 01 Dec 2014 07:17:23 GMT] [error] [<0.261.0>] {error_report,<0.30.0>,
                     {<0.261.0>,crash_report,

[[{initial_call,{couch_replicator,init,['Argument__1']}},
                        {pid,<0.261.0>},
                        {registered_name,[]},
                        {error_info,
                         {exit,
                          {http_request_failed,"HEAD",
                           "http://get.acralyzer.com/distrib-acra-storage/",
                           {error,{error,{conn_failed,{error,eacces}}}}},
                          [{gen_server,init_it,6,
                            [{file,"gen_server.erl"},{line,330}]},
                           {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3,
                            [{file,"proc_lib.erl"},{line,239}]}]}},
                        {ancestors,
                         [couch_replicator_job_sup,couch_primary_services,
                          couch_server_sup,<0.31.0>]},
                        {messages,[]},
                        {links,[<0.87.0>,<0.262.0>]},
                        {dictionary,[]},
                        {trap_exit,true},
                        {status,running},
                        {heap_size,4185},
                        {stack_size,27},
                        {reductions,13964}],
                       []]}}

Kalle

Re: Replication fails, what causes this error?

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Gaah. Just to close the loop, it's an issue with erlang running on
OpenShift because the platform doesn't allowing binding to port 0.0.0.0,
see details at
https://github.com/marianoguerra/couchdb-for-openshift/issues/9.

Kalle

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.