Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/01 13:44:33 UTC

Re: Resequencer inout support

Hi

Yeah that is not possible. The resequencer works like the aggregator.
The incoming message is accepted by the eip, and then that message
continue routing.

The this eip is stateful and based on some worker tasks it output new
messages when it should, such as for  the resequencer when the
messages are in order, and for the aggregateor, when a group is
complete etc.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 10:14 PM, prasadrao82 <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Greetings for the day!!, We are working on following requirement on Q
> priority , where we receive online request(synchronous) from multiple
> customers, We need to resequence the message based on the customer and
> respond.
>
> We tried with resequncer , its working with resequencing the priority, but
> unable to give control back to the camel , which invoked this resequencer.
> Seems resequencer is supporting only with IN pattern. If this the case , the
> control return to caller is not happening , with that customer who invoke
> the application , will not get the response. even though it processed.
>
> Could someone help us on this.
>
> And also support us , whether camel has any other best approach for this
> requirment
>
> Thanks in advance.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
Camel in Action 2nd edition:
https://www.manning.com/books/camel-in-action-second-edition

Re: Resequencer inout support

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You should not use the resequencer but a seda or some other queues
where the messges on the queue has different priorities so consumers
of those queues pickup the most important first.

notice camel seda does not out of the box have priority support. But
the java api has a queue where you can implement the priority logic
yourself. And possible hook in that queue to seda etc.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 9:13 AM, prasadrao82 <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>
> Thanks for your valuable information , Now the question is what is alternate
> for this requirement. Is there any support provided in Camel or do we need
> to handle manually.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Prasad.V