Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org> on 2022/02/09 19:21:49 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graduate Apache YuniKorn (Incubating) as a Top Level Project

Hi all

Having the discussion thread [1], passed the community vote [2], and the
vote result is published [3]. Our assessment is that Apache YuniKorn
(Incubating) is ready to graduate as a TLP. We would like to raise the
discussion to IPMC and collect more feedback towards graduation.

To summarize what the YuniKorn community has achieved in the incubating
phase:

   - 6 releases were done by 6 different releases managers.
   - 41 unique code contributors and over 1300+ commits.
   - A growing community that added 2 new mentors, 10 new committers, 4 new
   PPMC from 6 different organizations
   - A diverse community that has 6 mentors, 23 PPMC, and 29 committers
   from at least 14 different organizations [4]
   - Well documented web site [5]
   - The maturity self-assessment [6]

The discussion will open for at least 72 hours.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/dno411y59g2pcy1d3kd7s3kdjz9jw65n
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/gx5dmb4yqkw1dfvzf2l91gwhobx6g81m
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/dfvdk3dc82pvopxc28h6p4wdgp0xcfk2
[4] https://yunikorn.apache.org/community/people
[5] https://yunikorn.apache.org/
[6] https://yunikorn.apache.org/community/maturity

Establish the Apache YuniKorn Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to a standalone resource scheduler responsible for scheduling
batch jobs and long-running services on large scale distributed systems
running in on-premises environments as well as different public clouds.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache YuniKorn Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache YuniKorn Project be and hereby is responsible
for the creation and maintenance of software related to a standalone
resource scheduler responsible for scheduling batch jobs and
long-running services on large scale distributed systems running in
on-premises environments as well as different public clouds; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache YuniKorn" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache YuniKorn
Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the
projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache YuniKorn
Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache YuniKorn
Project:

 * Akhil PB                <ak...@apache.org>
 * Arun Suresh             <as...@apache.org>
 * Carlo Curino            <cu...@apache.org>
 * Chaoran Yu              <yu...@apache.org>
 * Chenya Zhang            <ch...@apache.org>
 * Craig Condit            <cc...@apache.org>
 * DB Tsai                 <db...@apache.org>
 * Felix Cheung            <fe...@apache.org>
 * Holden Karau            <ho...@apache.org>
 * Jason Darrell Lowe      <jl...@apache.org>
 * Jonathan Hung           <jh...@apache.org>
 * Junping Du              <ju...@apache.org>
 * Kinga Marton            <km...@apache.org>
 * Konstantinos Karanasos  <kk...@apache.org>
 * Luciano Resende         <lr...@apache.org>
 * Subramaniam Krishnan    <su...@apache.org>
 * Sunil G                 <su...@apache.org>
 * Tao Yang                <ta...@apache.org>
 * Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>
 * Wangda Tan              <wa...@apache.org>
 * Wei-Chiu Chuang         <we...@apache.org>
 * Weiwei Yang             <ww...@apache.org>
 * Wilfred Spiegelenburg   <wi...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Weiwei Yang be appointed to
the office of Vice President, Apache YuniKorn, to serve in accordance
with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the
Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal
or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the Apache YuniKorn Project be and hereby is tasked with
the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator YuniKorn
podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
YuniKorn podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are hereafter
discharged.

Thank you
Weiwei

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache YuniKorn (Incubating) as a Top Level Project

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.
Thank you all.
Based on the positive feedback, we will start a voting thread soon.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.
Hi Xun