Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Alexander Podelko <ap...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/12/21 21:07:29 UTC

issue during recording of file parse

Hi,
I ran into an issue recording in JMeter 3.3. The process I want to record includes selecting a file which then gets parsed and results shown.
Works fine without JMeter recording. The request is:
POST /epm/ui-rest/v1/requests/19433ef9-a3d2-4566-8eab-b1bdc2694d54/parseResults

with content like:-----------------------------63682221520041Content-Disposition: form-data; name="file"; filename="request_flat_1M_100_Cust.xlsx"Content-Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet
and then the file itself.
The response is the parsed file in a json-like format.
However during recording JMeter somehow decide to get the file from the JMeter folder - so I may see for that request in View Result Tree:
Response code: Non HTTP response code: java.io.FileNotFoundExceptionResponse message: Non HTTP response message: C:\apache-jmeter-3.3\bin\request_flat_1M_100_Cust.xlsx (The system cannot find the file specified)
The request itself gets recorded - but we don't have the proper response, so can't record beyond that point.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,Alex

Re: issue during recording of file parse

Posted by "glinius@live.com" <gl...@live.com>.
The easiest option is copying your *request_flat_1M_100_Cust.xlsx* file to
the "bin" folder of your JMeter installation.

Another option would be considering using another browser (or other tool
capable of sending HTTP reuqest such as  curl
<https://medium.com/@petehouston/upload-files-with-curl-93064dcccc76>
which will report the fill path of the file being uploaded to JMeter.

And finally you can use  JMeter Chrome Extension
<https://guide.blazemeter.com/hc/en-us/articles/206732579-Chrome-Extension>
- in this case you won't have to worry about proxies, SSL certificates,
files locations, etc.

Just make sure you use full path to the file when replaying your test
scenario.

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html

Re: issue during recording of file parse

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
JMeter can only record what the browser gives it, and browsers only
include the name of the file, not its path.

So either ensure the file is in the JMeter launch directory or edit
the test plan to include the path to the file.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Cordialement.