Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au> on 2010/04/02 06:29:14 UTC

RE: Wookie VM

I found that a bit hard to do at this point. I'd need to rewrite
all /wookie/* requests for one running instance whilst ignoring
it for the other one, then proxypass the results. I haven't worked
out how to do that yet.

For the Tomcat instance, I did try renaming the context path used and
it did come up when deployed to that context, however there are so many
more urls tied to /wookie that it breaks a lot of things.

So I do feel that the url /wookie should be configurable, tieing
in a product name is never a good idea imo, there are always those that
will want to anonymise their instance. We obviously don't want to anonymise
our instances but it does make it difficult to run two instances side by
side
if we want friendly urls.

You may feel this is not worth fixing just for the demos, so that is fine.
What I have done is simplify it and just made both urls continue to use
their
respective port numbers. And, I have added a basic index page with links to
each demo instance.

http://wookie-vm.apache.org

This may suffice, may not, up to you guys, let me know.

(We can customise the basic index page at any time)

Gav...

Re: Wookie VM

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 2 Apr 2010, at 05:29, Gav... wrote:

> [...]

Definitely agree - I'm not sure "/wookie" gets hardcoded into anything important, though. It just uses the current servlet context, so if you deploy it in a folder with a different name it should just use that. However you can't remove the servlet context entirely without url rewriting (unless of course you just deploy it in tomcat's ROOT context.)

There used to be a few hardcoded "/wookie" things but I removed them all a few weeks back. The only ones left I could find are:

1. index.html redirects to /wookie/webmenu/WidgetWebMenuServlet?operation=INDEX (there is probably a better way of doing this anyway)
2. in the JSP pages there are a few hard-coded absolute URLs to shared scripts here and there that need fixing