Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2009/08/19 14:44:21 UTC

Re: [classlib][build] Observations about build times

I've committed a change to use generated filesets in r805777.  For me,
it results in:

  a 2x speed up on a fresh build,
  a 4x speed up on a build with no changes,
  a 5x speed up on clean after a build, but
  a 0.8x speed up (i.e. slow down) on a clean after a clean

Since the latter is rather contrived case (and extra elapsed time for me is
only 4 seconds) then I think we can live with that.

Regards,
 Mark.

Re: [classlib][build] Observations about build times

Posted by Jesse Wilson <je...@google.com>.
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 5:44 AM, Mark Hindess
<ma...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Since the latter is rather contrived case (and extra elapsed time for me is
> only 4 seconds) then I think we can live with that.

Awesome!