Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by dg...@hyperreal.org on 1997/07/19 11:51:37 UTC

Re: os-linux/788: (1) mod_dld doensn't compile. (2) Virtual hosting is broken in certain circumstances

Synopsis: (1) mod_dld doensn't compile. (2) Virtual hosting is broken in certain circumstances

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: dgaudet
State-Changed-When: Sat Jul 19 02:51:37 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
mod_dld isn't supported everywhere ... and probably doesn't
really even work in 1.2.0 anyhow.

There's nothing the server can do if the client passes it a
hostname of just "web" rather than a fully-qualified hostname.
It can't guess the information ... if you want to support unqualified
names then you could use ServerAlias.

Dean

Re: os-linux/788: (1) mod_dld doensn't compile. (2) Virtual hosting is broken in certain circumstances

Posted by Niels <ni...@holding.pi.net>.
On Sat, 19 Jul 1997 dgaudet@hyperreal.org wrote:

> There's nothing the server can do if the client passes it a
> hostname of just "web" rather than a fully-qualified hostname.
> It can't guess the information ... if you want to support unqualified
> names then you could use ServerAlias.

If the client doesn't pass any Host: header it gets the wrong index.html -
that's the problem.

(telnet to port 80, GET / HTTP/1.0 Enter twice)

I don't want support for unqualified hostnames; I would like the old
Apache behaviour back where it would look at the interface address, as I
thought it was meant to be.

Again, it may have been a broken setup at my end but I do not believe so..
server-status shows that Apache attaches the real virtual_host to it but
fails to get the real index.html somehow.