Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/12/18 18:00:31 UTC

Minutes of the Woden Status Telecon, 2007-12-18

Attendees: Lawrence Mandel, Arthur Ryman, John Kaputin

Minutes

1. Open Action Items - Lawrence Mandel

2007-12-11 - Lawrence will investigate graduation items and start to work
on crossing them off the list.
2007-12-18
Lawrence: I found information on the incubator site [1] about migrating
Woden's infrastructure. Our mailing list and wiki are already on hosted by
the ws project and don't need to be migrated. I'll migrate SVN this Friday
afternoon. I'll send an e-mail to the dev list with a specific time block
for the migration and announce before and after the migration occurs. I'll
also post instructions on migrating your workspace. After the SVN
migration I'll move the website, update the incubator site and status
file, and request a new commits mailing list. Note that I've already
updated Jira to include Woden in the ws projects list.

[1]http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#notes-on-hand-over

2. Milestone 8 (M8) Status - John Kaputin

John: I'm still working on Woden-47. Looks like I broke the Axis2 build. I
made some changes to some of the constants in Woden.
Lawrence: There was a question about when the builds run. Our nightly
builds only run when there are code changes. The last build from Dec. 14
is the latest Woden build.
John: The changes on the 14th introduced breaking changes. The changes I
made were all in internal packages. I didn't see any use in Axis2.
Lawrence: Can we make the internal constants public for Axis2?
John: Woden-56 is open for Axis2 needing to use internal classes and
constants. I'll fix this with Woden-47 as they are related.

Lawrence: We need to pick a new M8 date. Let's push it back a couple weeks
until the beginning of Jan.
[action] John will propose a new M8 date on the dev list.

3. Graduation from Incubation - Lawrence Mandel

Woden has graduated. No discussion needed.

4. Development Discussion - All

John: There was a post to the list today about a URI syntax exception with
a URI with a space. I'm going to look into this.
Lawrence: Can you open a Jira?
John: I want to confirm this is a Woden problem first. From the stack
tract it looks like it is.

Arthur: Where should we publish the XSLT? We can have versioned URLs but
we should also have a durable URL.
Lawrence: We can put this on the website.
Arthur: The file will get cached. How about
http://ws.apache.org/woden/stylesheet/FILE_NAME.
Lawrence: We can update the file with a publish step in the build.
Arthur: I'll open a Jira.

Lawrence: Woden now has 3 tools in the parser, pretty printer, and
converter. How should we make these available?
John: Standalone tools with separate downloads.
Arthur: I think a WSDL 2.0 tools page with links to other WSDL 2.0 tools
would be nice.
[action] Lawrence will create a tools page on the Woden site with the XSLT
and converter.

Lawrence: Has anyone heard from Sagara recently?
John: I'll follow up with Sagara.

5. Other Business - All

Arthur: I have my credentials for the W3C working group. I haven't heard
much about the maintenance group. I'll try to commit John's test case to
the test suite.
John: Can I raise issues with the working group?
Arthur: Yes. You can open bugzilla issues.

Lawrence: The next two Woden status calls fall on Xmas and new years day.
Both of these calls are cancelled. We can schedule a call on another day
if one is needed.

*Note: Woden's status calls on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 are cancelled. We will
next meet on Jan. 8, 2008.

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

Re: Minutes of the Woden Status Telecon, 2007-12-18

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Jeremy,
what type of object is 'schemaCatalog' in your code example?

>         schemaCatalogURL = new URI("file", schemaCatalog.toString(),
> null).toURL();

In the SimpleURIResolver ctor, the Classloader.getResource method is used
to create a URL for the relative path "META-INF/schema.catalog".  As per
my latest post on the original thread, this method does escape the spaces
to %20 using the IBM 1.42 and Sun 1.42 JREs.  I've asked for more info on
the Tomcat scenario (possibly its using its own classloader that behaves
different to the JRE classloaders).

regards,
John Kaputin

jpjhughes@gmail.com wrote on 19/12/2007 13:42:27:

> On 19/12/2007, Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On 19/12/2007, John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
> > > Woden supports Java 1.4. The URL.toURI() method was introduced in
Java 5.

> > Ah yes good point - I should have set my eclipse to use 1.4.2
> >
> > > At any rate, the toURI() method will still result in a
URISyntaxException
> > > because the original path contains an illegal character (as defined
by
> > > RFC2396)... the space character which appears in the file path.  I
think
> > > the fix is to escape spaces in the path to %20.
> >
> > We basically need the capability the toURI() method gives us - which
> > is to 'escape' more than just a space.
>
> the URI(String scheme, String ssp, String fragment) ctor does the %20
> substitution. So when the SimpleURIResolver ctor creates the URL to
> the catalog on disk it could use this URI method to do the %20
> substitution .. a bit like this perhaps:
>
>         schemaCatalogURL = new URI("file", schemaCatalog.toString(),
> null).toURL();
>

> > >  Am looking into this now.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Jeremy

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: Minutes of the Woden Status Telecon, 2007-12-18

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
On 19/12/2007, John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
> Woden supports Java 1.4. The URL.toURI() method was introduced in Java 5.

Ah yes good point - I should have set my eclipse to use 1.4.2

> At any rate, the toURI() method will still result in a URISyntaxException
> because the original path contains an illegal character (as defined by
> RFC2396)... the space character which appears in the file path.  I think
> the fix is to escape spaces in the path to %20.

We basically need the capability the toURI() method gives us - which
is to 'escape' more than just a space.

>  Am looking into this now.

thanks

Jeremy

Re: Minutes of the Woden Status Telecon, 2007-12-18

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Woden supports Java 1.4. The URL.toURI() method was introduced in Java 5.
At any rate, the toURI() method will still result in a URISyntaxException
because the original path contains an illegal character (as defined by
RFC2396)... the space character which appears in the file path.  I think
the fix is to escape spaces in the path to %20.  Am looking into this now.

John Kaputin

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.