Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by jamal sasha <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/27 00:55:45 UTC

MRUNIT basic question

Hi,
  I have been searching in mrunit documentation but hasnt been able to find
it so far..
How do i pass configuration parameters in my mrunit.

So for example, if i take the wordcount example.

Lets say, in my driver code I am setting this parameter...

conf.set("delimiter",args[2])

And in my mapper code I am calling this as:

String delimiter = conf.get("delimiter");
String [] tokens = value.toString().split(delimiter);
for (String token:tokens)
   context.write(token,one);

How do I set up this configuration parameter.

I have been looking into this example:
https://github.com/wpm/Hadoop-Word-Count/blob/master/src/test/java/wpmcn/hadoop/WordCountTest.java

Thanks

Re: MRUNIT basic question

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

There is a withConfiguration method.

http://mrunit.apache.org/documentation/javadocs/1.0.0/org/apache/hadoop/mrunit/TestDriver.html#withConfiguration%28org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration%29

But now it is recommended to actually get the default Configuration and
modify it (see documentation).

Bertrand

PS : There is a MRUnit mailing list which might have been more appropriate.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: MRUNIT basic question

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.