Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/07 03:47:57 UTC

jackrabbit compatibility

Hi--

We're in the early stage of spec'ing out a CMS-like capability for an app
and are looking at using Jackrabbit as a file repository serving files that
are then parsed by Velocity.  Among other benefits, this would let our users
upload files via WebDAV and do version tracking.

Does anyone in the Velocity community use Jackrabbit to serve Velocity
templates?  At the moment, I'm thinking we'll probably  implement a custom
resource loader that retrieves the template source.  Would love to hear any
tips from people who have been down this route.

Best, WILL

--
Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com

Re: jackrabbit compatibility

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the comments.

This is part of a larger system that currently has a basic file upload/web
file manager.  We plan on adding some CMS-like features to improve usability
of that part of the system.  We're mostly interested in wiki-style
versioning; e.g. the ability to roll back to a previous version (as opposed
to doing patch or merge features).  For simplicity, we're working on a file
by file basis (you can do #include's, but we leave that to the user).   And
yes, definitely, users are editing HTML (and other text files) that include
VTL.

Currently we have a web interface and an FTP interface for managing files.
We'd like to put the version features in the web interface and basically use
Webdav as a substitute for FTP.

WILL

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Another thing to keep an eye on is Atom Publishing Protocol and PATCH.
It is an attempt at a RESTful way to update documents adding a PATCH
verb (like PUT, DELETE, etc).

best,
-Rob