Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Pesendorfer, Tom" <to...@eds.com> on 2005/01/30 18:56:32 UTC

Why is the login portlet authenticating twice?

I only managed to login in Jetspeed-2's login portlet (running on JBoss!) by
adding the users and passwords from the HSQLDB database to the
users.properties (also added the roles to the roles.properties) used by
JBoss' default login module
(org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule) - this (I assume) would
be the equivalent to the tomcat-users.xml. The first question is: Why is
this used rather than the
org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.DefaultLoginModule from login.conf?  Is it
because I haven't got the "Jetspeed" realm defined?
Secondly, it seems, when I login, it's first validating against the file
(using the web container) and then afterwards checking against the database.
Am I understanding this correct/is this how it's supposed to work?  Can
someone shed some light on the design/intentions?
Also, every time I login, it sets the updateRequired attribute of the
credential to true and forces me to change the password.  This in turn
screws up authentication because then the password does not match the one in
the file anymore. Any help or explanation/clarification much appreciated!

Regards,
Tom

Re: Why is the login portlet authenticating twice?

Posted by Marcel Dullaart <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am not answering your question, but I am wondering what you did to
deploy J2 on JBoss.
First, which version of JBoss are you using?
And can you give me an overview of the steps taken to get J2 running
including portlets.

Thanx,
Marcel