Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lorenzo Medici <me...@pm-medici.ch> on 2004/09/20 10:54:43 UTC

Permission problem

Hi list

We have ported a web-application from a windows base tomcat installation to
a macosX 10.3.4 (java 1.4.2 tomcat v. ) installation. Under mac os we have
now a strange behabiour...

When we create a instace of a JEditorPane we run into the error
"...internalError  Can't connect to window server Not enougth permissions."
We need this JEditorPane for detect how many characters is in a RTF File...

Does anybody encountered the same problem? We suppse this must be a
installation problem but we really didn't know where we have to "screw".

Best thanks for any hints

Lorenzo Medici

Re: Permission problem

Posted by Oliver Hirschi <oh...@pm-medici.ch>.
"Alex" <al...@squigly.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Alternately,
>
> CATALINA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true"; export CATALINA_OPTS

In which configuration file?

Re: Permission problem

Posted by Alex <al...@squigly.net>.
Alternately,

Re: Permission problem

Posted by Oliver Hirschi <oh...@pm-medici.ch>.
"Lorenzo Medici" <me...@pm-medici.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi list
>
> We have ported a web-application from a windows base tomcat
installation to
> a macosX 10.3.4 (java 1.4.2 tomcat v. ) installation. Under mac os we
have
> now a strange behabiour...
>
> When we create a instace of a JEditorPane we run into the error
> "...internalError  Can't connect to window server Not enougth
permissions."
> We need this JEditorPane for detect how many characters is in a RTF
File...

Just use:

System.setProperty("java.awt.headless", "true");

:-), Oli