Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Damon Courtney <da...@tclhome.com> on 2010/06/18 18:28:00 UTC

Installation Complete

So, I installed Rivet on my Apache 2 box today because I wanted to dink around with some pages.  I am happy to report that after only a minor hiccup, I got everything up and running with no problems.  Kudos to Massimo and everyone for getting the 2.0 release out and solid enough to build with just your average './configure && make install'.

For the record, the hiccup I ran into was in trying to use:

../tclconfig/install-sh -c -d "/path/to/some/directory"

Which resulted in an error where install-sh is passing the -d to 'cp' which is an invalid option.  In fact, I could not get install-sh to create a directory even after removing the offending -d.  It just didn't work.  I ended up having to modify my Makefile by hand to replace that call with the more traditional 'mkdir -p'.  Not sure what that's about.  I'm on FreeBSD 7, for the record, and this is compiled against Tcl 8.6.

Everything seems to be working well for now.  I haven't really exercised it yet though.  We'll see how that holds up. 0-]

Re: Installation Complete

Posted by Harald Oehlmann <Ha...@Elmicron.de>.
Am 19.06.2010 02:11, schrieb Massimo Manghi:
> Even though no significant advance has been done since release time I think
> that planning a bugfix release (2.0.1) would help given the minimal cost of
> the operation.

I vote for a bug-fix release. This is much better than "take the
repository version". IMHO one bug fix is enough for a release...

Thank you,
Harald

Re: Installation Complete

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
Yes, it's true, the install-sh now in trunk comes from automake 1.11. The
former one was part of the X11 distribution and looked very old.

Even though no significant advance has been done since release time I think
that planning a bugfix release (2.0.1) would help given the minimal cost of
the operation. Issues aldready addressed are the new install-sh, the missing
manual (for some reason which I should be blamed for it's not in the tar
archive) and a bugfix in TclWebapache.c I committed weeks ago. Some other
minor issues could be addressed easily: manual pages for package 'form' and
package 'Crypt' and the installation procedure which complains annoyingly
about a 'dir' variable not being set.

 -- Massimo

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:35:43 -0500, Jeff Lawson wrote

Re: Installation Complete

Posted by Jeff Lawson <je...@bovine.net>.