Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Harish Kumar <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2013/03/06 09:53:55 UTC

Issue with SSL3 - Bad certificate

I am using Axis2 (1.5) for invoking webservice method on SoftwareAG Webmethod integration server.
Our JDK version is 1.6.05 and webmethod server JDK is 1.5.

At time  call is made on WebMethod integration server. Get error as "Fatal error - Bad certificate"

Though i have cross checked server keys are imported into our keystore. Webmethod server on other side raise bad certificate
error only when SSL protocol is not SSL. For enabling Https setting, i did following change inside Axis2.xml.

#1. What additional settings i need to make so that SSL version 3 is used for communication with other server?
#2. Any issue related to mismatch between JDK version?

HTTPS setting inside Axis2.xml
=========================
What steps i need to follow to make sure SSL3 protocol is used for communication

<transportReceiver
name="https"
class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServletListener">
<parameter
name="port">443</parameter></transportReceiver

Thanks,
Harish

RE: Issue with SSL3 - Bad certificate

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
SSL and or TLS Transport Protocols are verified by the container (usually as an attribute in 'Container' element)

If you reference SOAP With Attachments Profile 1.1 you will be able to view this breakout

Non-goals include:
• Provide guidance on which of a variety of security mechanisms are appropriate to a given application.
The choice of transport layer security (e.g. SSL/TLS), S/MIME, application use of XML Signature and
XML Encryption, and other SOAP attachment mechanisms (MTOM) is explicitly out of scope. This
profile assumes a need and desire to secure SwA using SOAP Message security.

Bad Cert is *usually* caused by
-Cert was not issued by CA Authority (e.g. not issued by Verisign or Thawte)
-Cert valid date range was out of range from date SSL request was issued
-The SiteOwner you are contacting is NOT the owner of the site from the certificate

Quickest solution would be to contact the site owner and have their CA (Certificate Authority) for you to test with
and verify the SSL support attributes with the AppServer Administrator

Viel Gluck!
Martin

.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Ongen

this will only work in the container connector he is connecting to supports SSLv3

Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung

Posted by Ognjen Blagojevic <og...@gmail.com>.
Harish,