Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2018/03/18 10:20:48 UTC

switch from Git WIP to GitBox

Hi,

As you may have noticed, the issue was filed a long time ago
and the work just started now: Wagon is migrated.

Gavin should do the remaining 8 repos soon: if you're working on these Git
repos currently, be prepared to the switch if anything is strange :)

Regards,

Hervé

Re: switch from Git WIP to GitBox

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Git-WIP to GitBox migration done: our RW Git repositories are now all on
GitBox, with better GitHub integration

We have now only 8 repos in svn:
- archetypes is currently being migrated, should be done tomorrow
- site and doxia-site are waiting for Jenkins svnpubsub configuration before we
can switch to Git (without CMS, since CMS only supports svn as source type)
- resources will require some rework

We're near the full migration!!!

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Once the last one is moved, we should rename the organisation folder to
just “maven” so that our job names in Jenkins are all nice and standard and
everything is easier to find

On Sun 18 Mar 2018 at 10:20, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As you may have noticed, the issue was filed a long time ago
> and the work just started now: Wagon is migrated.
>
> Gavin should do the remaining 8 repos soon: if you're working on these Git
> repos currently, be prepared to the switch if anything is strange :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé

Sent from my phone

Re: switch from Git WIP to GitBox

Posted by Hervé Boutemy <hb...@apache.org>.
Hi Tibor,

NP: I just updated master, without really checking which version it was
you know better than me :)

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
Simply a pure mapping (in the job GUI) would prevent from such issues
subst X:
F:\jenkins\jenkins-slave\workspace\n-wip_maven-surefire_master-VMXNEFVLKSG4Y4Q25OS6RZDPHGE56CJURNETLF6TR2V5RXK7KNVQ

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

https://github.com/jenkinsci/branch-api-plugin/blob/master/src/main/java/jenkins/branch/WorkspaceLocatorImpl.java#L114-L131

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi Stephen,

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
On Sun 18 Mar 2018 at 12:13, Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org> wrote:

> The "maven-surefire" in
> https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-box/job/maven-surefire  is determined
> by Git repo name?
> If it was only "surefire" the Windows paths could be shorter.
> Currently we have a problem with "Access denied.", see
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16191.
> I only guess it has to do with long paths or long commandline. The Infra
> team says that they set long paths limit to 32K characters.
> The root cause is still unknown!
>
> Can you help investigating?

There’s a property that can be set to use shorter workspace names.

The workspace names are not the job name but a “magical” flattened form
that includes a long hash

> On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 12:55 PM, Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Herve,
> >
> > I have assigned your jira SUREFIRE-1504 to version 3.0.0-M1.
> > Are you fine with that?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Tibor
> >

> > On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 11:20 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> As you may have noticed, the issue was filed a long time ago
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-15436
> >> and the work just started now: Wagon is migrated.
> >>
> >> Gavin should do the remaining 8 repos soon: if you're working on these
> Git
> >> repos currently, be prepared to the switch if anything is strange :)
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Hervé

Sent from my phone

Re: switch from Git WIP to GitBox