Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ma...@Emerson.com on 2008/08/11 19:11:25 UTC

Problem embedding Axis into an existing web app.

Hi there.

I'm working on my first web service and could use some help.

The problem I've got is related to accessing a web service in an
existing web application.

I've embedded Axis into the app using the advanced installation steps
and verified it using happyaxis.jsp without a problem.

My question/problem deals with how to deploy the web service.

My web app can be accessed at: http://localhost:8080/Jaru.

I created a simple calculator test web service.

I create the wsdl using: java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL
-l"http://localhost:8080/Jaru/services/Calculator" -n urn:Calculator
-p"com.cpcus.jaru.webservices.calc2" urn:Calculator -o Calculator.wsdl
com.cpcus.jaru.webservices.calc2.CalcIF

I create the java from wsdl using: java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java
-o C:\CPC\JARU\Software\Source\JavaCode -d Session -s -p
com.cpcus.jaru.webservices.calc2.ws Calculator.wsdl

I deploy it using: java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://localhost:8080/Jaru/services
C:\CPC\JARU\Software\Source\JavaCode\com\cpcus\jaru\webservices\calc2\ws
\deploy.wsdd

When I run my test client in Eclipse I get: Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
com.cpcus.jaru.webservices.calc2.ws.CalcIFService.getCalcualtor()Lcom/cp
cus/jaru/webservices/calc2/ws/CalcIF;

            at calculator.client.CalcClient.main(CalcClient.java:21)

I know I must being doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it
is.

The interface I wrote and its implemented java are in
C:\CPC\JARU\Software\Source\JavaCode\com\cpcus\jaru\webservices\calc2.

The output of the wsdl2java is in
C:\CPC\JARU\Software\Source\JavaCode\com\cpcus\jaru\webservices\calc2\ws

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I've spent a few days on this already and I'm going nuts.

Thanks,

Marc

RE: Problem embedding Axis into an existing web app.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Marc-
the CalcClient class has a main method which calls the compiled java class com.cpcus.jaru.webservices.calc2.ws.CalcIFService
methodgetCalcualtorwith 1 arg which is an object of type com.cpcus.jaru.webservices.calc2.ws.CalcIFcom.cpcus.jaru.webservices.calc2.ws.CalcIFverify you have the java class compiled and on the classpath calledcom.cpcus.jaru.webservices.calc2.ws.CalcIFServiceverify there is a method called getCalcualtor() in that classand verify you have this class compiled and on the classpath calledLcom/cpcus/jaru/webservices/calc2/ws/CalcIFverify you are passing in a valid com.cpcus.jaru.webservices.calc2.ws.CalcIFAll classes MUST BE ON CLASSPATH before calling the cleint stub..
Anyone else?Martin ______________________________________________ Disclaimer and confidentiality note Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.

Subject: Problem embedding Axis into an existing web app.Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:11:25 -0500From: Marc.Horvath@Emerson.comTo: axis-user@ws.apache.org

[...]

I deploy it using: java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient -lhttp://localhost:8080/Jaru/services C:\CPC\JARU\Software\Source\JavaCode\com\cpcus\jaru\webservices\calc2\ws\deploy.wsdd

When I run my test client in Eclipse I get: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.cpcus.jaru.webservices.calc2.ws.CalcIFService.getCalcualtor()Lcom/cpcus/jaru/webservices/calc2/ws/CalcIF;
            at calculator.client.CalcClient.main(CalcClient.java:21)

I know I must being doing something wrong but I can’t figure out what it is.

The interface I wrote and its implemented java are in C:\CPC\JARU\Software\Source\JavaCode\com\cpcus\jaru\webservices\calc2.
The output of the wsdl2java is in C:\CPC\JARU\Software\Source\JavaCode\com\cpcus\jaru\webservices\calc2\ws

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
I’ve spent a few days on this already and I’m going nuts.

Thanks,
Marc

Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108587394/direct/01/