Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by nquirynen <na...@pensionarchitects.be> on 2011/03/15 10:06:52 UTC

Tapestry5 - Grid with variable "row" type

Hi,

I have a page where i load a list of objects depending on some other
variables. This list of objects can be of the type of 1 of several type of
entity objects.

So I have declared it as :

private List tableData;

and

t:grid source="tableData" ...

This works, but the problem is when defining the "row" attribute, I can't
use a variable of type "Object", as I won't be able to use this as needed.
Each type of object has the same property "action", but when trying to
access it as:

private Object row;

and

${row.action}

--> Object does not have this property

I understand that this won't work, but is there anyone who has an idea how I
can solve my problem or if this even will be possible?

I just wanted to make the grid reusable so I won't have to make one for each
type of entity...

Greetings and thanks in advance!

Nathan