Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ben Anderson <be...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/04 21:44:14 UTC

dynamic initial form values

Hi,
I'm looking at this example:
http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/forms/form1
which uses a custom action to assign an initial value to a date field.

My problem is a little different as I need to query our database to
assign an initial value.  I'd like to use the SQLTransformer to do
this as that's how we access the database for everything else.  I'm
thinking the best way to do this is to use the SQLTransformer and then
have the result of that go through a custom transformer which I'll
write similar to the action found here:
./cocoon-2.1.6/src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/samples/InitForm1Action.java

Is this the best way to approach this or does anyone have a better solution?
Thanks,
Ben