Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Rick Roman <ri...@cotse.net> on 2006/01/21 02:06:39 UTC

OJB_HL_SEQ

After upgrading to ojb-1.0.4 I am getting an error:

[org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.RepositoryXmlHandler] ERROR: Exception
while read metadata
Error creating PersistentField:
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.HighLowSequence, name
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataException: Error creating
PersistentField: org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.HighLowSequence, name
    at
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.fieldaccess.PersistentFieldFactory.createPersistentField(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.RepositoryXmlHandler.startElement(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
Source)

I think I need to do the operation described in the release notes:

* Internal used OJB_HL_SEQ table changed. Remove of deprecated column.
  If the SequenceManagerHighLowImpl was used and problems occur after
upgrade, please
  drop and recreate this table without removed column

Where is the table and where is the new definition to recreate it with?

Re: OJB_HL_SEQ

Posted by Dennis Bekkering <dj...@gmail.com>.
I had the same problem and fixed it by removing

      <field-descriptor
         name="name"
         column="FIELDNAME"
         jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
         primarykey="true"
      />

from

   <class-descriptor
      class="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.HighLowSequence"
      table="ojb_hl_seq"

in repository_internal.xml

regards,
Dennis

2006/1/21, Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>:
> Hi Rick,
>
> Rick Roman wrote:
> > After upgrading to ojb-1.0.4 I am getting an error:
> >
> > [org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.RepositoryXmlHandler] ERROR: Exception
> > while read metadata
> > Error creating PersistentField:
> > org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.HighLowSequence, name
> > org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataException: Error creating
> > PersistentField: org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.HighLowSequence, name
> >    at
> > org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.fieldaccess.PersistentFieldFactory.createPersistentField(Unknown
> > Source)
> >    at
> > org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.RepositoryXmlHandler.startElement(Unknown
> > Source)
> >    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
> > Source)
> >
> > I think I need to do the operation described in the release notes:
> >
> > * Internal used OJB_HL_SEQ table changed. Remove of deprecated column.
> >  If the SequenceManagerHighLowImpl was used and problems occur after
> > upgrade, please
> >  drop and recreate this table without removed column
> >
> > Where is the table and where is the new definition to recreate it with?
> >

> Hope this link help:
>
> http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/platforms.html#OJB+internal+tables
>
> The concrete sql definition depends on the used DB, e.g. hsql:
>
> drop table OJB_HL_SEQ if exists;
>
> CREATE TABLE OJB_HL_SEQ
> (
>              TABLENAME VARCHAR (250),