Posted to users@maven.apache.org by to...@gi-de.com on 2008/04/01 16:26:00 UTC

javax.xml.ws jaxws-api 2.1 in repo1.maven.org - missing dependencies

Hi,

looking at https://jax-ws.dev.java.net/faq/index.html#maven Suns
recommended repo https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository
seems to have the complete dependencies list.

The jaxws-api in repo1.maven.org is missing the dependencies

<dependency>
        <groupId>javax.xml.soap</groupId>
        <artifactId>saaj-api</artifactId>
        <version>1.3</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
        <groupId>javax.annotation</groupId>
        <artifactId>jsr250-api</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
        <groupId>javax.jws</groupId>
        <artifactId>jsr181-api</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-MR1</version>
</dependency>

Will this pom be updated/deleted?

Thanx, Torsten

Re: javax.xml.ws jaxws-api 2.1 in repo1.maven.org - missing dependencies

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
man, this issue keeps poping up again and again.  best is to remove
jaxws-api 2.1* out of repo1, and have user to use
java.net repo to pickup this artifact.

for my case, I have to make java.net to be the first one in my repo
list under my repository manager ( archiva)

-D

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Include your own dependency on the right version in your own pom, and
Maven will use it instead. You may also want to list an <exclusion> in
the jaxws-rt dep.

Wayne

On 4/17/08, Doron Solomon <do...@ericsson.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any suggestions on how to "solve" this issue when the incorrect dependency is not your direct dependency?  My application declares a dependency on:
>
> <dependency>
>  <groupId>com.sun.xml.ws</groupId>
>  <artifactId>jaxws-rt<artifactId>
>  <version>2.1.3<version>
> </dependency>
>
> This artifact (which I can only find in the maven1 repository on java.net) declares a dependency on version 2.1 of jaxws-api:
>
> <dependency>
>  <groupId>javax.xml.ws</groupId>
>  <artifactId>jaxws-api</artifactId>
>  <version>2.1</version>
> </dependency>
>
> Since I have listed the central repository before the java.net maven1 repository in my POM, I assume that maven will try to get dependencies from central before trying java.net.  That being the case, how do I "force" maven to use the "right" version of jaxws-api?
>
> Doron

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: Antwort: Re: javax.xml.ws jaxws-api 2.1 in repo1.maven.org - missing dependencies

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
No.   The runtime jars would just be at java.net.

Dan

On Tuesday 01 April 2008, torsten.reinhard@gi-de.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what I´m looking for is JAX-WS-2..1.1, that means
> com\sun\xml\ws\jaxws-rt\2.1.1\jaxws-rt-2.1.1.jar with all the correct
> dependencies.
> Have you fixed that too? I couldn´t find any version at repo1
>
> Thanx, Torsten
>

> Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
> 01.04.2008 17:21
> Bitte antworten an
> "Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
>

> An
> users@maven.apache.org
> Kopie
> "Mick Knutson" <mi...@gmail.com>
> Thema
> Re: javax.xml.ws jaxws-api 2.1 in repo1.maven.org - missing
> dependencies
>

> 2.1-1  is at central:
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/xml/ws/jaxws-api/
>
> Dan
>
> On Tuesday 01 April 2008, Mick Knutson wrote:
> > What is the full URL for the java.net jars for 2.1-1 ?
> >
> > http://download.java.net/maven/2/javax/xml/
> > Does have 2.1-1
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Umm...  Don't use the 2.1 jar from central.   It's broken and
> > > missing some files that are in the Sun 2.1 jar.  Basically, Sun
> > > released 2.1 at one point and it was synced to central.   Sun then
> > > withdrew that and released a new 2.1, but didn't change the
> > > version number or anything. However, central won't replace the
> > > jar.
> > >
> > > Instead, use 2.1-1 from central.  If you use 2.1, you MAY get the
> > > correct version from java.net.  OR you might get the broken
> > > version from central.   If you specify 2.1-1, you'll always get
> > > the correct version.
> > >
> > > Dan

> > > --
> > > J. Daniel Kulp
> > > Principal Engineer, IONA
> > > dkulp@apache.org
> > > http://www.dankulp.com/blog

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Antwort: Re: javax.xml.ws jaxws-api 2.1 in repo1.maven.org - missing dependencies

Posted by to...@gi-de.com.

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: javax.xml.ws jaxws-api 2.1 in repo1.maven.org - missing dependencies

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
2.1-1  is at central:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/xml/ws/jaxws-api/

Dan

On Tuesday 01 April 2008, Mick Knutson wrote:
> What is the full URL for the java.net jars for 2.1-1 ?
>
> http://download.java.net/maven/2/javax/xml/
> Does have 2.1-1
>
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Umm...  Don't use the 2.1 jar from central.   It's broken and
> > missing some files that are in the Sun 2.1 jar.  Basically, Sun
> > released 2.1 at one point and it was synced to central.   Sun then
> > withdrew that and released a new 2.1, but didn't change the version
> > number or anything. However, central won't replace the jar.
> >
> > Instead, use 2.1-1 from central.  If you use 2.1, you MAY get the
> > correct version from java.net.  OR you might get the broken version
> > from central.   If you specify 2.1-1, you'll always get the correct
> > version.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > On Tuesday 01 April 2008, torsten.reinhard@gi-de.com wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > looking at https://jax-ws.dev.java.net/faq/index.html#maven Suns
> > > recommended repo
> > > https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository seems to
> > > have the complete dependencies list.
> > >
> > > The jaxws-api in repo1.maven.org is missing the dependencies
> > >
> > > <dependency>
> > >         <groupId>javax.xml.soap</groupId>
> > >         <artifactId>saaj-api</artifactId>
> > >         <version>1.3</version>
> > > </dependency>
> > > <dependency>
> > >         <groupId>javax.annotation</groupId>
> > >         <artifactId>jsr250-api</artifactId>
> > >         <version>1.0</version>
> > > </dependency>
> > > <dependency>
> > >         <groupId>javax.jws</groupId>
> > >         <artifactId>jsr181-api</artifactId>
> > >         <version>1.0-MR1</version>
> > > </dependency>
> > >
> > > Will this pom be updated/deleted?
> > >
> > > Thanx, Torsten
> >
> > --
> > J. Daniel Kulp
> > Principal Engineer, IONA
> > dkulp@apache.org
> > http://www.dankulp.com/blog

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: javax.xml.ws jaxws-api 2.1 in repo1.maven.org - missing dependencies

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
What is the full URL for the java.net jars for 2.1-1 ?

http://download.java.net/maven/2/javax/xml/
Does have 2.1-1

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> Umm...  Don't use the 2.1 jar from central.   It's broken and missing
> some files that are in the Sun 2.1 jar.  Basically, Sun released 2.1 at
> one point and it was synced to central.   Sun then withdrew that and
> released a new 2.1, but didn't change the version number or anything.
> However, central won't replace the jar.
>
> Instead, use 2.1-1 from central.  If you use 2.1, you MAY get the correct
> version from java.net.  OR you might get the broken version from
> central.   If you specify 2.1-1, you'll always get the correct version.
>
> Dan
>

> On Tuesday 01 April 2008, torsten.reinhard@gi-de.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > looking at https://jax-ws.dev.java.net/faq/index.html#maven Suns
> > recommended repo
> > https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository seems to have
> > the complete dependencies list.
> >
> > The jaxws-api in repo1.maven.org is missing the dependencies
> >
> > <dependency>
> >         <groupId>javax.xml.soap</groupId>
> >         <artifactId>saaj-api</artifactId>
> >         <version>1.3</version>
> > </dependency>
> > <dependency>
> >         <groupId>javax.annotation</groupId>
> >         <artifactId>jsr250-api</artifactId>
> >         <version>1.0</version>
> > </dependency>
> > <dependency>
> >         <groupId>javax.jws</groupId>
> >         <artifactId>jsr181-api</artifactId>
> >         <version>1.0-MR1</version>
> > </dependency>
> >
> > Will this pom be updated/deleted?
> >
> > Thanx, Torsten
>

> --
> J. Daniel Kulp
> Principal Engineer, IONA
> dkulp@apache.org
> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Mick Knutson

http://www.baselogic.com
http://www.blincmagazine.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mickknutson
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson
http://www.myspace.com/BLiNCMagazine
http://tahoe.baselogic.com
---

Re: javax.xml.ws jaxws-api 2.1 in repo1.maven.org - missing dependencies

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA