Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> on 2005/01/12 21:45:17 UTC

Re: [litmus] Litmus propget problem

John Rousseau wrote:
> I'm playing with litmus (http://www.webdav.org/neon/litmus/) to do some
> basic testing against our Slide-WCK fronted archive. All of the
> "propget" props tests are failing. I'm running Slide HEAD from about 3
> weeks ago (roughly 2.2-pre1). I'm running this on Jetty 4.2.19 and Sun's
> J2SDK 1.4.2_06.

> For those of you that can't read URL encoding, the message translates to:
> Bad Request: Invalid child [Namespace: prefix "" is mapped to URI
> "DAV:"]:foobar of root element DAV:propfind
>
> I'm using the default XML parser that comes with the Sun VM.
>
> Any ideas? Is this a slide bug or a litmus bug? A quick google showed
> some valid WebDAV requests that look just like what litmus is sending.

Judging from the error message, it seems that it's really a different
request that's causing this, namely the one in props.c:

static int propextended(void)
{
     return propfind_returns_wellformed("with extended <propfind> element",
                                        XML_DECL "<propfind
xmlns=\"DAV:\"><foobar/>"
                                        "<allprop/></propfind>");
}

...in which case the answer is: it's a bug in Slide: unknwon extension
elements in request bodies aren't ignored (as required by RFC2518).

Best regards, Julian

Re: [litmus] Litmus propget problem

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
This should be fixed in Slide HEAD now.