Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Krishna Chaitanya Thota <ke...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/02 15:20:52 UTC

Problem with bigger attachments

Hello,
We are using James 2.2.0 on Fedora Core 3 Server installation. The
installation was successful and there is no problem sending email
messages.

Our application requires users sending messages with audio and video
attachments of size ranging from 10MB to 1GB. We have a dedicated line
for that.

Now the problem is when any user tries to send a message of size more
than 10MB, the email is directly sent to "Error" folder by the JAMES
server. The sender doesn't even get any error message and the
receipent is not receiving the message. I have checked the config.xml
and even changed the default email message size. But, it's not
working.

Any solution to fix this problem?

Regards,
Keasea

RE: Problem with bigger attachments

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Which message store?  If MySQL, you need to also adjust MySQL to accept
sufficiently large message packets.  Also, there are some JavaMail issues
that can impinge in this area, specifically loading the message into memory.
That is on the priority list to fix, but if you see any OOM errors, you'll
need to seriously increase the JVM heap size.

	--- Noel