Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Grant Echols (JanusLogix)" <ge...@januslogix.com> on 2002/09/30 19:13:55 UTC

Call.setUsername/setPassword bug?

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I've been trying to clear a
previously set username/password from a Call object and it seems to make no
difference. I'd like to essentially have the 'authentication' process done
with and over and have a 'session' established at which point I can quit
exchanging the username/password on the wire. However, using the
Call.setUsername(null) and Call.setPassword(null) doesn't seem to make a
difference.

What I found was that the Call.setUsername and Call.setPassword do not pass
the values to the respective MessageContext. Consequently, the next invoke I
make still has the username/password being exchanged. I can get around this
by calling Call.getMessageContext().setUsername(null) and
Call.getMessageContext().setPassword(null), but this seems like a kludge to
me...

Just my two bits...

Grant