Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Helder Pinto <he...@dsi.uminho.pt> on 2003/01/22 13:23:36 UTC

WML portlet rendering error

Hi!

Dos anybody knows why the template for the FlowPortletController doesn't work
for WML media type?
I created a JSPPortlet that works fine for HTML, but fails in WML.
In web-inf/templates/vm/controllers/wml/flow.vm, the piece of code that fails is
the following

#foreach ( $portlet in $portlets )
  $!portlet.getContent($data)
#end

the error that is reported in the jetspeed log is the following:

[22 Jan 2003 11:50:06 ERROR] - Error rendering Velocity template: null: null

Is the getContent method returning null? Or $data is null?

Helder

Re: WML portlet rendering error

Posted by Mike Davis <th...@yahoo.com>.

Hi Helder,
I experienced the exact same problem.   Please see my thread titled "WML JSPPortlet template not resolving" that no one responded to  :-(  I think that the problem is that the code in not looking under .../wml/ as it advertised to be for the template file.  The exact same registry entry with the same files (with HTML media type however) that are placed under .../html/  works!
I am now using JSP layouts/etc. instead of Velocity.
BTW, did you ever create a login.jsp for WML?  If you did, could you please send me the file(s)?  I am dealing with the exact same issues that hopefully you have already resolved   :-)
Thanks,
Mike

 Helder Pinto <he...@dsi.uminho.pt> wrote: Hi!