Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Pramod Deval pcsbom <Pr...@patni.com> on 2002/05/03 12:17:52 UTC

Performance problem while using tomcat and solaris

Hi,

We are using the following :

1. JSP and servlets

2. Java -JDK 1.2.2

3. jakarta tomcat 3.3 as standalone WebServer.

4. Operating System :Solaris 2.7/2.8/2.6.

We are facing the following issues:

1. Slow performance.

2. Runtime compilation takes a long time resulting in server timeout.

3. Long time to load pages resulting in timeout.

We have tried out the following settings on tomcat :

1. We have copied the compiled class files from Windows and put in the

tomcat working directory and

Set Auto reload to false in server.xml file.

2. Changed the Http Connector settings :

a. Reduced the max no of threads

b. Reduced the min and max spare threads

c. We have also set the flags in server.xml file

tcpNoDelay="true"

debug="0"

minProcessors="50"

maxProcessors="250"

acceptCount="250"

enableLookups="false"

bufferSize="8192"

Same application is working with good performance on HPUX and Windows NT

with the above configuration.

Can any body guide us for improving the performance of tomcat for Solaris

7/8?

Thanks and Regards,

Pramod Deval
Patni Computer Systems Ltd
Phone:  91-22-829 1454   Extension: 5023