Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Michael Gerdau <mg...@technosis.de> on 2006/03/06 14:30:36 UTC

How to recover FSFS repository with missing transactions

Hi !

I have the following problem:
Due to a recent HD failure I had to restore our SVN repository from
backup. I had to use a somewhat outdated complete backup with a couple
of incremental backups on top. Unfortunately one of these incremental
backups turned out to be corrupted resulting in transactions 4624-4678
being absent from the repository. All other transactions (up to and
including 4843) are there.

The repository is workable as long as I don't have to access a file
whose latest version is represented by one of the missing transactions.

I do have local copies of the latest versions of all files involved.

Is there a way to either reconstruct the missing transactions or at
least to somehow force commits to those files (in other words: get
it working again with as little damage as possible) ?

Any suggestions appreciated, thank you,
Michael
--
 Vote against SPAM - see http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/