Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> on 2007/02/09 16:29:58 UTC

[Spec Change Issue] Basic.Recover

Hi,

I've been working on the Rollback problems we have been having and
during my fixing I noticed that recovery (which is the same thing just
out of a transaction) does not have a synchronous reply.

The Java client cannot safely clean its caches without a synchronous reply.

I would like to add a synchronous response to the Basic.Recover.
However, I know this will break interop between the clients and
brokers.

This issue will dissapear when we move to 0-9 WIP as the OK methods
will be redundant. However, in the mean time we need to have working
transactions and recovery.

Does anyone have any objects, thoughts?

Cheers
--