Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by luoc <lu...@apache.org> on 2021/01/26 10:52:52 UTC

[DISCUSSION] ARM-based compatibility tests

Hi all,

I have some ARM-based machines (Not X86 architecture), and then want to do ARM-based compatibility tests. I know that Netty must bump to 4.1 at first (See also #9804 <https://github.com/netty/netty/pull/9804>). do we have anything else to upgrade? thanks for your time.

Kind regards
luoc

Re: [DISCUSSION] ARM-based compatibility tests

Posted by Ganesh Raju <ga...@linaro.org>.
Hi Vitalii,
We have donated ARM hardware to many of the Apache projects (Hadoop, HBase,
Spark, hive, etc) and they are already running their CI on them. Our
intention is to make sure projects run on ARM in parity with other
architectures. The hardware can be used as long as there is value making
ARM supported. We can work with the right team/person to set the CI up.

Thanks,
Ganesh

Posted by luoc <lu...@apache.org>.
Hi,
  Thanks. Is it possible to add the ARM instances as options (not a required) for CI?

Posted by Ganesh Raju <ga...@linaro.org>.

Posted by luoc <lu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Cool.

Posted by Ganesh Raju <ga...@linaro.org>.
Ted,

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by luoc <lu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi Ganesh!

Posted by Ganesh Raju <ga...@linaro.org>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ganesh Raju <ga...@linaro.org>.
We have done extensive tests on ARM. Here are some documentations if you
would like to know related to build and setup
Please let us know if you need any help with this.

https://collaborate.linaro.org/display/BDTS/.Build+Apache+Drill+v1.0
https://collaborate.linaro.org/display/BDTS/Apache+Drill+on+YARN+for+Arm64

Regards
Ganesh