Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2004/03/02 18:23:54 UTC

Tutorial on new doctype

I have started a page on how to add a new doctype:

src/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/content/authoring/tutorial/new_doctype/index_en.xml

I also added a link to the Wiki page, whereas
I haven't set a  node within the sitetree, because I just added
the very basic steps.

HTH

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Template directory for new publication

Posted by jp...@quoininc.com.
On 4 Mar 2004, Christian Egli wrote:

> jplejacq@quoininc.com writes:
>
> > On 4 Mar 2004, Christian Egli wrote:
>
> > > So I usually take an existing publication as a template. Does that
> > > answer your question?
> >
> > creating a new publication.  I'm asking a more technical question:
> > is it possible to have a publication without any documents
> > initially?
>
> I see. I guess you need one initial document to point your browser at
> from which you can start creating documents. Otherwise how could you
> get into the authoring area and access the menues?

Exactly, the workflow doesn't support the notion of an empty
publication.  What would make sense is some logic that would
recognize that there are not current documents and disable read/edit
on the publication entry page.  Instead it would offer an option to
create an intial document.

--
JP

Re: Template directory for new publication

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.
jplejacq@quoininc.com writes:

> On 4 Mar 2004, Christian Egli wrote:

> > So I usually take an existing publication as a template. Does that
> > answer your question?
>
> Not quite.  I understanding that cloning is an alternative for
> creating a new publication.  I'm asking a more technical question:
> is it possible to have a publication without any documents
> initially?

I see. I guess you need one initial document to point your browser at
from which you can start creating documents. Otherwise how could you
get into the authoring area and access the menues?

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.
jplejacq@quoininc.com writes:

> I'm trying to define a template directory that can be used to clone
> new publications in Lenya.  I've run into a problem with the
> workflow not supporting a publication with no initial documents.
>
> This seems to be a reasonable scenario that Lenya should support.
> Anyone have an idea of how this can be supported?

Cloning is usually done of an existing publication such as for example
the default publication where initial documents exist.

In the cases where I cloned a publication I base the new (cloned)
publication on the default publication and have a build process merge
the two publications, i.e. copy (plus some massaging) the original
publication and then overwrite the original files, e.g. xslts with the
ones from the new publication.

Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.net   +41 1 272 9161