Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacek Munch <ja...@comarch.pl> on 2007/06/25 12:47:17 UTC

session dying

Hello,

I looked around this list, and noticed that nobody has the similar
problem.
Seems I'm setting something wrong. What ?

I have a JSP application. I start it with my browser and make it inactive
for more than 30 minutes.
My session dies, so the user has to login back again.

In conf \ web.xlm I have
<session-config>
<session-timeout>600</session-timeout>
</session-config>

in myapp \ Web-inf\ web.xml I have
<session-config>
<session-timeout>480</session-timeout>
</session-config>

in my jsp application I have
session.setMaxInactiveInterval(120);

Tomcat manager shows default value of inactive time = 480
There is nothing in Tomcat logs at debug level.

tested on
Tomcat 5.5.17
Tomcat 5.5.23
Tomcat 6.0.13

OS
Win XP Pro 32bit
Win 2003 server 64bit

JRE
1.6.01

Please point me what I am doing wrong
Yours
Jacek M

RE: session dying

Posted by Jacek Munch <ja...@comarch.pl>.
Hello,

Thanks to syg6 for pointing.

------
The solution - when I made
session.setMaxInactiveInterval(7200)
in jsp file it started working
---
without this line I got standard session timieout after 30 minutes
despite setting
<session-timeout>120</session-timeout>
in both web.xml files (for tomcat and for app)

Yours
Jacek M

Posted by syg6 <sy...@yahoo.com>.

RE: session dying