Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ines Robbers <ml...@comprehend.de> on 2003/03/26 17:50:33 UTC

Navigation Issue

Hi list,

I'm building my first cocoon site on the basis of this article:
http://www.cocooncenter.de/cc/documents/resources/navigation/index.html

Now, I don't only want to use a menu on the left but also one above it,
one at the top of the page and a footer at the bottom. It all should
look like this: http://www.comprehend.de/unipotsdam/

I am uncertain about the approach: Do I stick all links in that one
toc.file? But how do I separate them? At the moment I'm working with
<site:section> for all menus but have different <site:nav1>, <site:nav2>
and so on.

In the menupage.xsl I then call the links with:

<xsl:apply-templates select="document($toc-file)/*"/>

But that way I have all menus together at once and in the same position.

My question: What do I do to be able to separately call the several
menus?

Many thanks for your help!!!

Ines

Re: Navigation Issue

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Can't help you with that specific article, but you may want to check out
Forrest which came out after it was written IIRC.  Forrest is a cocoon
based project to provide a framework for creating the skin of a website in
a maintainable and flexible way.

http://xml.apache.org/forrest/

Geoff Howard