Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2005/11/15 09:57:45 UTC

JIRA projects for m2 plugins?

So what's the status on this?

- Have we decided to create separate JIRA projects for m2 plugins?
- Can I create a Clover JIRA project the m2 clover plugin? I'd like to get
moving on this.
- Is there any recommendation for versioning the plugins? Should we start at
2.0 and simply increase the minor? Do plugins have to go through alphas,
betas, rcs or is it left at the discretion of the plugin contributors in
general?

Thanks
-Vincent

Re: JIRA projects for m2 plugins?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Jason van Zyl a écrit :
> On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 12:27 -0800, Carlos Sanchez wrote:
>
>>I think we should vote to solve this asap, I believe these are the options:
>>
>>[ ] create a new project for new m2 plugins, reuse m1 projects adding
>>a new version
>>[ ] create a new project for every m2 plugin
>

> +1

+1

Emmanuel

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

+1 too

> > [ ] keep it as it's now
>
> There is a good citizen aspect of this to consider. We'll flood the
> dashboard if we do this. Ideally I think a dedicated machine would be
> best and I think this can be done in a relatively short period of time.
>
> Vincent, will what we have now not work for you using a component?

What we have now is a single Maven 2 project with components. So we're
already using JIRA components. Not sure what you mean.

> Also, I have fully automated manipulating JIRA via SOAP and I can create
> new projects quickly using that. So I can make all the projects once we
> decide what we're going to do.

That's very cool.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.

 -- Buddha

Re: JIRA projects for m2 plugins?

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
My vote: create a new project for every m2 plugin.
That said, I think it would be great to have a separate machine for that.

Stéphane

On 11/15/05, Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org> wrote:

> I think we should vote to solve this asap, I believe these are the
>
> [ ] create a new project for new m2 plugins, reuse m1 projects adding
> a new version
> [ ] create a new project for every m2 plugin
> [ ] keep it as it's now
>
> On 11/15/05, Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> wrote:
> > So what's the status on this?
> >
> > - Have we decided to create separate JIRA projects for m2 plugins?
> > - Can I create a Clover JIRA project the m2 clover plugin? I'd like to
> get
> > moving on this.
> > - Is there any recommendation for versioning the plugins? Should we
> start at
> > 2.0 and simply increase the minor? Do plugins have to go through alphas,
> > betas, rcs or is it left at the discretion of the plugin contributors in
> > general?
> >
> > Thanks
> > -Vincent

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: JIRA projects for m2 plugins?

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
My vote

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
That sounds good.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

> I think we should vote to solve this asap, I believe these
> are the options:
>
> [+1] create a new project for new m2 plugins, reuse m1 projects adding a new version

Actually it could be the simplest way to do it.
Users are already creating issues in m1 plugins and we move them in m2 land.
We could create components in plugins : m1 plugin / m2 plugin ...
It can help us to compare features in m1/m2 plugins
The problem (which is not a rela one) is that we can have only one owner for a m1/m2 set of plugins.

> [-1] create a new project for every m2 plugin
Not before we have a separate Jira instance.

> [+0] keep it as it's now

Arnaud

RE: JIRA projects for m2 plugins?

Posted by David Sag <ds...@epo.org>.
haha okay - too early in the morning for me still.

Kind regards,
Dave Sag

Posted by David Sag <ds...@epo.org>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
I think it's also time to use the changes plugin. WDYT?

On 11/15/05, Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> wrote:

> So what's the status on this?
>
> - Have we decided to create separate JIRA projects for m2 plugins?
> - Can I create a Clover JIRA project the m2 clover plugin? I'd like to get
> moving on this.
> - Is there any recommendation for versioning the plugins? Should we start
> at
> 2.0 and simply increase the minor? Do plugins have to go through alphas,
> betas, rcs or is it left at the discretion of the plugin contributors in
> general?
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent

.::You're welcome ::.

RE: JIRA projects for m2 plugins?

Posted by Scott Ryan <sc...@theryansplace.com>.
I am ready to check in the Weblogic Plugin.  I think it makes sense to
create new projects for these plugins since the structure will be quite
different.  This also allows us to keep maintaining the version 1.0 plugins
as well.

I woiuld prefer that we start with 2.0 for a number of reasons since I want
to keep maintaining the 1.0 plugin for a while as well.  I plan on having an
alpha and beta version since I am discovering some new ideas with the advent
of the native Java option as well as new interaction with the container.

Do we want one main maven2 project with sub projects under that or should we
create a maven2 directory under each project?

I too would like to get my code into the repository ASAP.

Looking forward to everyone's input.

Scott D. Ryan
Chief Technology Officer
Soaring Eagle LLC.