Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sergey Smirnov <si...@exadel.com> on 2003/05/02 00:08:12 UTC

curent version of Exadel Struts Studio is for FREE use

Who says you that Struts Studio is a commercial product?

Posted by Robert Sartin <sa...@navanax.org>.
Sergey, perhaps there is some misunderstanding, or perhaps you should
take a break from coding and read the Exadel web site. The Exadel
license specifies three types of user licenses*: 30 day trial,
fee-bearing developer, and fee-bearing production. To me a
"fee-bearing" (Exadel's term) licenses is commerical, especially since
there is no non-"fee-bearing" alternative. In what way is this license
structure not for a commercial product?

* - This is in the same license agreement that says I have to pay
Exadel if Exadel decides for any reason to fly into Austin and come
over to my house to audit me.

If any of these things are untrue, please have someone from Exadel who
can speak with authority correct them.

That said, I think announcements of commercial products on this list is
approrpriate. I hope Exadel drops the CUSTOMER-PAID audit requirement
(I'm happy to have you come audit me, but you have to pick up the tab
unless you can prove fraud on my part) so I can consider the product.

Regards,

Rob