Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Aniruddha Apte <an...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/31 08:58:59 UTC

Restrict access for temporary external users.

Hello,

We give read/write access to all internal users by default by including
[/]
* = rw
in the access file.

Now, we are faced with a situation where we want to provide access to
an external (vendor) user for a short time. He needs to have rw access
to just one specific path.

Can't I put some sort of exclude directive so that the vendor is
excluded from '* = rw'?. The vendor can then be provided access with a
specific directive such as:
[repos:/specific/path]
vendor = rw

thanks again.
-anir

Re: Restrict access for temporary external users.

Posted by Aniruddha Apte <an...@gmail.com>.
This doesn't seem to work. The vendor userid still has rw permissions over /.

I suppose this is happening because '* = rw' means any user and vendor
*would* be inculded in *, wouldn't it?

Also, is the order of the access directives important?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Mar 31, 2005, at 2:58 AM, Aniruddha Apte wrote:

> Can't I put some sort of exclude directive so that the vendor is
> excluded from '* = rw'?

[/]
vendor =
* = rw