Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2000/07/29 00:12:11 UTC

Re: Links

> Remy,
>
> Within the source set, there is provision for link objects.  These provide
> many to many link between any two URIs.  I assume that the purpose of a
link
> object is to maintain the link between source and output resources;
captured
> on the output resource as a 'source property'.  This mechanism would allow
> cgi or jsp source file to be accessed rather than the output of the
script.

One link can link to only one resource. You still need to have the right
security credentials to access the target, so I don't see any potential
security problem here (other than revealing the URI of the script).

> I can't find anywhere in the source set where links are used.

In the structure package.
Since this package handles all the navigation in the namespace, that seems
logical to me.

> I also note that for both links and locks, no provision is inplace to
> support revisions.  i.e. you can put a lock on a resource, but not on a
> revision of a resource.

True. Locking scope is the resource, not a revision of the resource. Same
goes for security.

Remy

Re: Propfind

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> I am running Slide with Tomcat.When using the database store, the href
that
> is returned, contains the absolute address as stored in the database.  In
> order for it to work with dav_explorer and web folders, it requires the
> servlet uri to be prepended.

The path related problems are one of the most annoying problems I have to
solve. Just appending the Slide object's URI is not enough, because Slide
may not be mapped to the root context (or to the root path), so indeed I
have to make a mix with the request URI.

> When accessing the root node, the dav_native flag is set to false.  This
> flag remains set even for children e.g. depth=1.  I don't think this is
the
> correct behaviour.

The non native mode is forced on the root node and its immediate children. I
did this because those node are usually created by the bootstrap, and do not
contain the necessary DAV properties.

> Probably it would be best to pick up all properties
> (including root), and then override if dav_native is set to false.  This
> will allow us to set proprieatry attributes for Microsoft and other DAV
> applications as they come along.

I suggest doing the following things :
- Enforce the required DAV properties on every object
- Also enforce that an object has a least one revision
- Remove non native mode, since all the required properties would be
enforced
- Fix the paths related problems. I'm debugging these right now for the DAV
servlet I'm writing for Catalina.
- Improve namespace support

Remy

RE: Propfind

Posted by Robert Mertens <rm...@ptc.com>.
I am running Slide with Tomcat.When using the database store, the href that
is returned, contains the absolute address as stored in the database.  In
order for it to work with dav_explorer and web folders, it requires the
servlet uri to be prepended.

When accessing the root node, the dav_native flag is set to false.  This
flag remains set even for children e.g. depth=1.  I don't think this is the
correct behaviour.  Probably it would be best to pick up all properties
(including root), and then override if dav_native is set to false.  This
will allow us to set proprieatry attributes for Microsoft and other DAV
applications as they come along.

Bob