Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by bigtapp_root_aws quek <bi...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/21 10:41:11 UTC

Need to get bigtop to work on Ubuntu 22.04

Hi all,
I'm going to be honest that I'm in a project and desperate to get Bigtop to
work on Ubuntu 22.04 and the client is urgently needing this to work.

Despite manage to get Ambari server to start, the mpack is still having OS
version-specific entries in them namly for Ambari-metrics, HDFS and
Kerberos.  I'm now trying to get that up by adding in Ubuntu22 into it ;
the installing of MPACK is not working as the dreaded "facet-value"
indicating the OS specific issue cropped up.

Also, how would I add additional services not in the mpack file eg Apache
Phoenix which is in the Bigtop repo but not in the mpack file?

Thanks.  I think I need to pray that 3.2.1 or 3.3.0 comes soon.

Keng

Re: Need to get bigtop to work on Ubuntu 22.04