Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2011/07/31 23:17:52 UTC

Preserving OpenOffice.org (was RE: An introduction and a discussion about the OpenOffice User Forums)

Terry,

Nice work!  Your account for maintenance to the PHPBB install is admirable.

No matter how OpenOffice.org becomes hosted under Apache, it looks like the key questions are support for PHP, MediaWiki, and PHPBB.

I am assuming that the developer-centric aspects can move to apache.org services, although that is not a black-and-white situation and needs deeper understanding, especially when specialized contributors are involved (translators, language-specific QA, help-file authors, etc.).

I recognize some names on the English moderator list.

It looks like we need a better roadmap and understanding of the resource requirements and interdependencies than what we have at the 50,000 foot level at <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Transition+Planning>.

How would you and others experienced with OpenOffice.org approach that?

 - Dennis