Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Cocoon Man <co...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/03 14:25:53 UTC

What is the difference between 'transient-store' and 'store' ?

Hello again,

Looking at the *cocoon.xconf* file, I noticed that there are 2 different
"store" mechanisms declared :
<transient-store logger="core.store.transient">
<store logger="core.store">

It's not clear when each of them is used. Does core.store.transient store
rely on core.store ?

Beyond that, does *use-persistent-cache* parameter default to "true" or
"false" ?

Thanks

Re: What is the difference between 'transient-store' and 'store' ?

Posted by Cocoon Man <co...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. It's a very interesting link.

Concerning the transient store, it's quite easy to compute the maxobjects
because I just need to know how many XSLTs, XSPs, ... are used by each user.
But what tuning the maxobjects for the "main store" ?
The link you sent says that *"Cocoon uses the main store to cache pipeline
output".*
I guess that if I disable cache using a "noncaching" pipeline, It does not
make sense to tune the maxobjects for this "main store". Am I right ?

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.