Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Di...@netformfive.de on 2001/12/03 14:43:16 UTC

Problem using XPathAPI...

Hello Xalan-Users !

if I try to execute the following statement

Node result = XPathAPI.selectSingleNode(doc,xpath);

with doc being an instance of org.w3c.dom.Document, which has correctly
been parsed.
(doc.getElementsByTagName("...") works fine!).

and xpath being a valid xpath expression as string.

i get the following exception at runtime:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.xpath.DOM2Helper.getNamespaceOfNode(DOM2Helper.java:348)
        at org.apache.xpath.patterns.NodeTest.execute(NodeTest.java:471)
        at
org.apache.xpath.axes.PredicatedNodeTest.acceptNode(PredicatedNodeTest.java:388)
        at
org.apache.xpath.axes.ChildTestIterator.nextNode(ChildTestIterator.java:193)
        at org.apache.xpath.XPathAPI.selectSingleNode(XPathAPI.java:123)
        at org.apache.xpath.XPathAPI.selectSingleNode(XPathAPI.java:100)
        at com.nf5.ccs.valueobject.EnumVO.getXMLModel(EnumVO.java:140)
        at com.nf5.ccs.valueobject.EnumVO.main(EnumVO.java:168)
Exception in thread "main"

What may be the problem here. Do I have to set a parser feature or
something ?

Any help appreciated.

Greetings,
Dirk