Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Helen Zaks <he...@virtualtourist.com> on 2006/12/04 22:52:52 UTC

Select component

 Hello,
I'm having an issue with the tapestry Select component.  According to the
Select component example for Tapestry 4.0, 'selected' binding of the Option
Component should be bound to a boolean array.  Everything works fine when
the component first loads on the page. I initialize the boolean array in
prepareForRender(IRequestCycle cycle).  However, when I submit the form, I
get a null exception on the page before the submit method or
prepareForRender() are even called.  If the prepareForRender() or the
Submit() aren't called before the exception is thrown, how do I event check
for a null to prevent the exception?
This is the exception I'm getting....
Unable to update OGNL expression '<parsed OGNL expression>' of
$EventEdit_36@1e3f171[Test/$EventEdit] to false: target is null for
setProperty(null, "0", false) binding:
ExpressionBinding[Test/$EventEdit hoursSelection[currentHoursIndex]]

Thanks for your help.
Helen