Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Michael <jm...@chesterfield.mo.us> on 2001/10/05 22:59:29 UTC

Context problems

I have Tomcat plugged into Apache, and all works well. However, I want to be able to place .jsp files *in* the Apache document directory structure and have them handles by Tomcat. I tried to create a Tomcat context like so:

<Host name = "www.myserver.com">
<Context path=""
    docBase="/var/www/html"
    crossContext="false"
    debug="0"
    reloadable="true">
</Context>
</Host>

This does indeed let me put JSP pages in the Apache directories and execute them. However, it also kills the abilty to run servlets sitting in the ROOT context via a /servlet URL.

How can I get the contexts defined so that /servlet still maps to ROOT, but JSPs can be run from the Apache docs directories?

Jim