Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Tim Frosh <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/18 06:55:09 UTC

Adding deposit to order

Hello everyone,
I am new to OfBiz and
have gone through most of the
documentation and the mailing lists but cannot figure out this: I want
to add deposit tax(fixed amount per rental product) when selling rental
products. I tried with price rules, promotions and adding automatically
an extra product called "deposit" when a rental is added to cart, but
no results. The problem is that i want to see the deposit in grant
total of order BUT at the end of renting i want to give back the
deposit and to remove it from order invoice and all accounting stuff
because deposits should be handled different than order payments.
How can I add and amount to the order and remove it later? Can someone show me the way please? Any ideas and  advices are welcome.
Thanks in advance
Tim

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Adding deposit to order

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Here is the answer http://tinyurl.com/26uubt

If you take cash instead of CC you have only have to create a cash OFBiz
Payment of "CUSTOMER_DEPOSIT" type. I let you figure it out at this
point...

Jacques