Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jack Ivey <iv...@altair.com> on 2004/02/19 17:42:11 UTC

Autoprops configuration

Hi all,
I am setting up the autoprops configuration for our project before
importing, and I am trying to figure out the best setup.  The vast
majority of our files are ASCII and want eol-style=native.  Is
there a good way to make the default to be eol-style=native
and enumerate the exceptions.  For example, will this work:

[auto-props]
*     = svn:eol-style=native
*.gif = svn:mime-type=application/octet-stream;svn:eol-style=CRLF
*.exe = svn:mime-type=application/octet-stream;svn:eol-style=CRLF

My concern is will the eol-style=CRLF do any harm to the handling of a
binary file?  Or should I just bite the bullet and enumerate _all_ the
text extensions?

Thanks,
Jack

Re: Autoprops configuration

Posted by "Brian. W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@red-bean.com>.
On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 14:03, Stefan Haller wrote:
> Brian W. Fitzpatrick <fi...@red-bean.com> wrote:
>
> > > My concern is will the eol-style=CRLF do any harm to the handling of a
> > > binary file?
> >
> > You bet your buttons!  It'll fry 'em up like breakfast sausages.
>
> Really?  Shouldn't the eol-style property be ignored completely when the
> MIME type is anything other than "text/whatever"?

Currently it does not.  As for whether it should or not, I'm -0 on
having some sort of check in Subversion for that.

-Fitz

Re: Autoprops configuration

Posted by Stefan Haller <ha...@ableton.com>.

--
Stefan Haller
Ableton

Re: Autoprops configuration

Posted by "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@red-bean.com>.
On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 11:42, Jack Ivey wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am setting up the autoprops configuration for our project before
> importing, and I am trying to figure out the best setup.  The vast
> majority of our files are ASCII and want eol-style=native.  Is
> there a good way to make the default to be eol-style=native
> and enumerate the exceptions.  For example, will this work:
>
> [auto-props]
> *     = svn:eol-style=native
> *.gif = svn:mime-type=application/octet-stream;svn:eol-style=CRLF
> *.exe = svn:mime-type=application/octet-stream;svn:eol-style=CRLF
>
> My concern is will the eol-style=CRLF do any harm to the handling of a
> binary file?

You bet your buttons!  It'll fry 'em up like breakfast sausages.

> Or should I just bite the bullet and enumerate _all_ the
> text extensions?

Bite the bullet.

-Fitz, bullet biter