Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org> on 2014/07/01 10:59:49 UTC

Re: CI for Brooklyn

On 30 June 2014 21:01, Andrew Kennedy <an...@cloudsoftcorp.com> wrote:
> Any objections (or other ideas) about sending results of failing builds on
> Jenkins to the list?

+1
It simply needs to be done... it's a pain because it generates noise,
but the alternative - that nobody ever looks at Jenkins - is worse.

One other comment, I see you added a note to the Jenkins job saying
you were intending to run the integration tests as part of the job.
Since the integration tests can be starting processes, opening ports,
etc. (and a buggy entity or test could leave these behind), is it wise
to run this on shared infrastructure?

Richard.

Re: CI for Brooklyn

Posted by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org>.
Svet,

I've switched off the "abort the build if it's stuck" option - once
we've got a run of successful builds and know the typical time, I can
switch it back on again.

Richard.

RE: CI for Brooklyn

Posted by Svetoslav Neykov <sv...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
Richard,

Re: CI for Brooklyn

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Re: CI for Brooklyn

Posted by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org>.
Andrew,

Kicking this thread back into life. I notice that I don't have the
option to modify our Jenkins build job - I assume this is because I
don't have the necessary Jenkins privileges. Are you able to give this
privilege to all of the Brooklyn committers?

If I can get privileges, I can look into sending Jenkins build
failures to the list, as we discussed earlier in this thread.

Thanks
Richard.

Re: CI for Brooklyn

Posted by Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com>.