Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Amila Rathnayake <wr...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/26 14:37:26 UTC

Elimination of Warnings and Coding Style.

       Clean  Clean  DocumentEmail                    MicrosoftInternetExplorer4  /* Style Definitions */  table.MsoNormalTable	{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";	mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;	mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;	mso-style-noshow:yes;	mso-style-parent:"";	mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;	mso-para-margin:0in;	mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;	font-size:10.0pt;	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
Hi All,

I have noticed that when we compile the source (both onLinux and Windows) it gives several warnings and I think the number of warningsis big enough to put our concern on that issue as well. We should remove thosewarnings one by one and should start reducing the number. Further if we adhereto a good coding style we can eliminate most of these warnings.

1). Eliminate warnings

2). Apply an appropriate coding style to the code base andfollow it in future coding as well

Coding Style will be included;

&middot;       pointers:- At the declaration make it null and at the place of manipulate it (likeprinting) check whether its null or not and if it is not null then manipulateit.

&middot;       When we allocate memory, we alwaysneed to check whether the memory is allocated properly or not just after theallocation.

&middot;       Etc.

Thanks,

Amila Rathnayake.